Sunday, April 23, 2017

Strawberry Coord #1

In my previous post about the Mary Rose coord, I showed at the end all of the strawberry coords I put together to wear this spring.  Today I wore the first of these, and I plan to show all of them!

Skirt, headdress: Diamond Honey
Blouse: Yilia
Socks: MuFish
Corsage: Innocent World

The skirt I am wearing is actually originally a JSK.  It is Diamond Honey's Strawberry Garden JSK, which I fell in love with at first sight, and was actually one of my early dream dresses.  When I got the dress, I was devastated with how short and tight the bodice was, with no possibility for adjustment (without major alterations).  I still loved the strawberry embroidery so much that I couldn't give up on it or sell the dress, and since it wasn't an expensive or rare dress to begin with, I decided to ditch the bodice and turn it into a skirt!  As you can see, this worked out well for me...it makes for a skirt with a nice length!  As-is, the waistband sits below my natural waist, and would require more skilled alterations to make it sit correctly, but that would also mean a shorter fit.

I also bought the matching headdress from Diamond Honey, which features the same strawberry embroidery as the skirt!  The blouse is from Yilia, but I bought it from Lolita Collective at Tekko (the Collective doesn't seem to offer this blouse online, so they may have it for convention sale only).  Normally I wear shoes for my coord pictures, but I wasn't planning to go outside in this and I love so much how the bottom of these socks looks.  Shoes kind of ruin the look!

No comments:

Post a Comment