Sunday, April 23, 2017

A. Gato Designs Butterflies on Cream JSK Review

Today I am going to review a JSK I just got from A. Gato designs that I purchased during their spring sale!

You can check out their site and store here: http://www.gotg-designs.com/

I actually saw this JSK for sale at Tekko.  It was $70, and I was tempted by it, but the waist measurement was a few inches too big for me, so I didn't bite.  Shortly after Tekko, they had a sale and the JSK went down to $40, and at that price, I knew I couldn't resist.  I think the butterfly design is beautiful, but one of the main reasons I wanted this dress was because I thought I might be able to wear it out normally, possibly even to church, without causing a fuss.  And I was right!

First, when I opened my package, I found out that they had included some free gifts!
I got hair clips and a ring, which was way beyond expectations, considering the dress was already so inexpensive!  I don't do rings, or items with sweets, so I will have to pass the ring along to someone who will appreciate it, but I still think it's really cute!

Here is the dress!  One thing I noticed is that the dress, while it didn't have any flaws whatsoever, didn't really have a "brand new" feeling either.  I suspect this was probably the same exact JSK that was at Tekko, and has possibly been to other cons as well.  I don't think that really decreases its value, just something to note.
 Here is the back of dress, you can see how the back is fully shirred!  I do wish this dress had waist ties, since it is about 2 inches too large for me.  the straps are attached with a button, so they adjustable by moving the button, which is always a big plus for me!  The dress sits above my natural waist, but the length of the dress is so nice already that I don't feel the need to adjust the straps.
And here's what it looks like tried on!  The dress is not lined, so I chose to wear a short (50cm) underskirt to add lining and just a bit of volume.  I am going to try to source a belt that would go with this dress, but it works really well as-is with the tie cardigan.  I wore this out shopping around town today and I felt perfectly comfortable.  I paired it with a pair of cute white sandals, and while I was super dressed up compared to everyone else I saw, I felt really casual and comfy in this outfit!

Overall, I would really recommend A. Gato designs.  The price was unbeatable and amazing, but I think this dress would have been worth the full $70 it was selling for at Tekko.  Watch out for their sales though...they offer lucky packs sometimes that look like a really amazing deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment