Sunday, April 16, 2017

Figlia Flowery Strawberry JSK Review

Tonight I am going to review my latest dress acquisition, FigliaxHANAKO's Flowery Strawberry JSK in green.


The cost of this JSK was $150 after shipping.  Figlia has a taobao shop, though their items cannot be purchased from overseas (at least not from the US, though they could be with a shopping service), therefore I will be comparing this dress mostly to other Taobao brands.

Included in the package was a shopping bag for Figlia, a nice touch that made me wonder...are Figlia's products sold in a physical store, possibly in Taiwan or China?

 The dress itself is made of a very light polyester material.  I would compare the material to that used on Diamond Honey's dresses, specifically their Sweet Cherry and Strawberry dress, which I also own.  The price of that dress varies depending on how/where you buy it, but it is currently $79.99 on my-lolita-dress.com, though that price does not include shipping.  So, aside from the material, how does this more expensive dress stack up to my other Taobao strawberry dress?


What attracted me to this dress in the first place was the art, and the color.  I love the combination of green with red strawberrys, and I love that the strawberry flowers are included as well.  The print is very crisp and nice, and I must say I do like it more than other Taobao strawberry prints I've seen, so the relative expensiveness of this dress was worth it to me in that regard.


Here you can see the lining on the skirt, and the lace used on the bottom.  The bottom lace is nice and decent quality, not too overdone, which I think is appropriate for country style.  The lining is a very thin material similar to the dress.  This dress will not make me too hot!


Here is the detachable bow and the lace that used on the bodice and straps.  The pin is attached from this bow differently than most detachable bows.  It's attached to the top in such a way that the bow is not droopy at all, and I like how it looks even compared to some brand bows, like those on Metamorphose dresses, though the grosgrain ribbon material is not as high quality as brand ones.  The ribbon is higher quality than my Diamond Honey dress though...that one had the pin hot glued to the ribbon instead of sewn!


Here is another closeup of the lace used on the strap.  This lace is not all that high quality, and has many imperfections.  However, it is really small, still fits the theme and looks perfects fine worn.  At least it isn't scratchy!


Here we see the back of the dress, which shows my favorite thing about this dress besides the print/color:  it has adjustable straps, and the adjustability is significant!  There are a whole three buttonholes, which saves me the work of modifying the straps to be longer.  I am 5'6" and have adjusted the straps of every dress that I can to try to get the waistline down to my natural waist.  Other dresses I have from Infanta and Diamond Honey have the straps sewn to the back...not adjustable at all!  This feature makes the dress worth extra money, in my opinion.  Also, the waist ties are removable, and the back is fully shirred.  These details on the back justify the price point of this dress...good job, Figlia!

A coord this is not (look at those bare feet!), but here you can see the dress worn.  In this photo, I have the straps set on their longest setting.  The waistline is sitting on my natural waist.  It's not possible to tell with the angle of the photo, but the length of the skirt is about 1 - 2 inches above my knees.

Overall, I would rate this purchase 4.5/5.  The dress is not perfect, and costs more than more Taobao dresses, which are the closest comparison to this brand.  For the price, you could get second-hand brand, but I would have to wait awhile to find the perfect green strawberry dress in new condition on the second-hand market, while this dress was readily available for purchase on an English-language site that requires no shopping service.  I would order from FigliaxHANAKO again!

No comments:

Post a Comment