Friday, April 21, 2017

Metamorphose Spring Set

Today I got my Metamorphose Spring Set in the mail!  The ad for the set is shown below.  The only thing I was able to choose was the cut and color of the dress; the rest of the items came in random colors, except for the tote bag which only comes as shown.  Let's see what I got!

I choose the off-white puff sleeves OP dress as my main piece.  Here's what I hoped to get from the rest of the set:

Cardigan:  The blue or green.  Last choice would be white
Socks: The cream or white
Hat: The red-ribboned version
Necklace: The red version

Along with the dress set, I also ordered two of their Elegant Necklaces, which were on sale, in pink and blue.


These necklaces will get alot of use, since my lolita necklace collection is very small right now. That's something I need to work on, and these necklaces will help get me there!

Now, let's see what I got! (Aside from the dress)
As you can see, I was sent blue stuff!  I was super, super excited about the blue cardigan, since that was one of my first choice colors, and was the part of the pack I was most interested in!  The fabric is just amazing, it's so soft and comfy and it is sparkly which makes it so unique.  I loved the uniqueness of the green cardigan, but blue was one of my top choices too since it will match several pieces I own.  I also got the hat and necklace in blue, which weren't my top choices, but I do have a beautiful cardigan to pair them with now!  I was excited to see the socks were white because I know I will get alot of use out of them.  I have a similar pair from Bodyline that I wear all the time, but they aren't that nice so I've been wanting a fancier pair.  The tote bag is pretty big.  I'm not sure yet what I will use it for.  The bow with the daisy on the hat is removable, so it can be worn with just the blue ribbon, which increases the number of coords it could go with.

After admiring my new blue stuff, I tried on my dress!
Here it is, the Candy Bottle Puff Sleeves OP in off-white.  I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the dress and realized that the off-white color is actually a light dusty pink.  It doesn't appear that way in photos (and is not listed as such), but it goes alot better with the pink ribbon details, which I thought clashed in the stock photos.  In fact, it is because of those pink ribbon details that I didn't buy this dress when it was on Meta's 50% off sale (and now I'm super glad I didn't cause of the Spring Set)!  The dress has tons of shirring and is really comfy.  The fit is a tad loose, but it does have ribbon ties in the back which make it just right!

Next, I tried the full set together!
I don't think I would have chosen to coord this dress this way, with all the blue, but as far as sets go where there are many color possibilities to get, it's not bad.  I would prefer to see the dress with a pink cardigan and accessories like the necklace I just got with the pink stones, and these accessories together with a dress with more blue in it, but there will be plenty of time to use these items that way!  For tonight, I decided to just enjoy my dress set as it came!

Overall, I am very happy with the set I got!  It was definitely worth it, and I am just in love with the cardigan.  I wish I had it in every color!

No comments:

Post a Comment