Sunday, April 23, 2017

Bodyline Haul

Late last week, I got a haul from Bodyline that I want to share!  It's possible this will be my last order from Bodyline, because in the last year, they have hardly restocked or added any new lolita items.  It seems that they are phasing out their lolita line, at least on their international store.  At this point, there really isn't much left in the right sizes or colors on their site that I like.

So, for this (possibly last) haul, here's what I got!
I got 4 blouses, a headdress, 3 pairs of socks, and 3 pairs of wristcuffs.  All of these are things to fill out my wardrobe, and I'm happy with every item I received.

Here's a more detailed breakdown:
 l474 blouse in blue.  I got this because the color is so unique, and if Bodyline stops selling this blouse, I don't know when/where I could get another like it!  It seems to be cut for use with pants and possibly skirts, but I think it will work with JSKs and well if tucked in under my petti.  It also comes with a detachable jabot and cameo chain, which are nice details.

 1575 blouse in white.  I wanted this blouse for several reasons.  For one, I wanted a blouse that would go with oldschool coords, and I think the detachable sleeves with tie ribbons at the bottom contributes to that look.  Also, this blouse is pure white.  Most lolita blouses are off-white, so I thought it would be nice to have one blouse that is truly white for the handful of pieces I have that require it.  Since it can be worn as short or long sleeves, it's very versatile.  One complaint I have about this blouse is that the lace is kind of shiny.  However, it is soft so I consider this blouse to still be wearable.
 l402 blouse in black.  I already have a black long-sleeved blouse, but I found that it didn't go very well with sweet coords and was more suited for gothic and possibly classic looks.  I think this blouse will work with sweet.  The lace on the collar is eyelet lace which works with the look I was going for, and fortunately it is soft and a good quality.
 l375 blouse in black.  The main reason I bought this was because it was only $6.66!  This is a blouse I would buy in a heartbeat if they ever restocked it in different colors because of the adorable strawberry details!  I don't actually have any main pieces that are black and strawberry themed.  I would like to have Meta's strawberry crown skirt in black to go with this blouse, but I've never seen it for sale (and I actually want it in green even more, haha).  I may have some pieces I can wear with this, but with how much I LOVE strawberry-themed stuff, it seemed worth getting for when I do have something.
 Here are the accessories I got.  I really wanted a black and white headdress to go with old-school coords.  This one always looked so ita to me, but it was really the only one I could find for super cheap.  I already have this headdress in many other colorways, and the black and white version looks less ita in person than I thought it would.  The black and white wristcuffs are made from eyelet lace and will work better for old-school and country coords than the ones I already had, which are more for classic or non-OTT sweet.  The lace is way softer than I was expecting and compared to other eyelet lace I have felt.  They were very worth the price!  The white and pink wristcuffs are just something I thought would be nice to have.
3 pairs of strawberry socks!  These are the colors that Bodyline still had in stock, and they were only $1.99 a pair!  The white and pink colors would have been great to have too, but actually the main reason I made this order was for the sax socks to go with my Infanta Strawberry Kitchen Maid JSK and the mint ones to go with my FigliaXHANAKO Strawberry JSK (which I reviewed in a previous post).  Luckily, both pairs match the colors of the dresses close enough to work!  I got the black pair too, even though right now it really only goes with the black strawberry blouse I showed above.

I paid a total of $108.61, after shipping, for these items and it was incredibly worth it.  I'm sad that Bodyline is phasing out of lolita because they just can't be beat on their prices on socks, wrist cuffs, headdresses, etc, and their blouses are nice enough for the price to be serviceable.  Also amazingly, this order took only 2 1/2 weeks to reach me (I have waited over 3 months before)!

No comments:

Post a Comment