Friday, April 14, 2017

My Good Friday Kuro Coord

Today for Good Friday, I wanted to wear something all black to show a sense of mourning for Jesus' death on the cross.  I tried my hand at kuro Lolita, and here's what I came up with:

JSK, headdress (modified): Bodyline
Necklace: vintage
Blouse: Anna House
Shoes and tights: offbrand from local shoe stores
Earrings: Claire's
Bracelet: handmade

Sadly, I don't think it would be appropriate to wear lolita to my church, so I won't be wearing this out.  If I were, I would want to include a classy, possibly vintage black purse without too much detail.  The tights are lace and the bracelet has one gray rose charm that ties into the rose motif on the headdress, which is a bodyline piece that originally came with ties to tie around the head (I attached it to a headband instead).  The dress also came with a detachable waist bow that I chose not to include because it looked too playful for this coord.

I decided to include a worn photo, though I covered my face.  I think this outfit does a good job of expressing what I wanted to today.

2 comments:

  1. It is very pretty. I love the thought process you used in putting the outfit together. And that is was themed around so Holy a Day! Yes, it would be very unfitting to wear this to Church for services. I an interested to see how any modification to this may look.

    I can see silver touches on this, accenting the outfit here and there being great for a more steampunk look as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This dress would work for Steampunk, but I have yet to try my hand at that style! A "little black dress" is so versatile...even in lolita!

      Delete