Saturday, April 15, 2017

Innocent World Sailor Collar Cutsew Styling

Earlier this week, I got a haul from Innocent World.  They were having a sale on blouses, with some flat-price ones for only 3000 yen, so I ordered every one they had!  Unfortunately, I didn't get most of the blouses I ordered, and only got the sailor-collar cutsews from the sale.  I got all 3 of the colors I ordered, and I've been excited to see how they can enhance my wardrobe.


The stock photo showed this top worn as a bolero, and I wasn't really sold on that, but I decided to try it with an Innocent World dress I already had on my dress form.  When I unbuttoned the red cutsew, I saw it also had a snap next to the top button, which I thought is a neat feature.

Here is the top, with a Strawberry Tart OP.  I actually kind of like it worn like that and I could see throwing it on top of a dress to change it up.


Next, I wanted to try one of these under a JSK, so I chose the black Rose Flare JSK that was also part of my Innocent World haul, since one of the pinks in the roses matched the pink of one of the cutsews.  I threw in some offbrand accessories and shoes to complete the look.  I couldn't get the colors to photograph well, but the bracelet has pink roses, and the stud earrings are also dusty pink roses.  I really like how this coord is coming along, and it looks so casual and comfy!


Next, I wanted to try something that thematically makes sense...a dress that one would expect to be worn in a sailor style!  For this, I chose one of my favorite pieces, Angelic Pretty's Astro Regimen JSK in sax.  I always wanted to wear this dress with a navy sailor top!  I like to use my offbrand gold shoes when I wear this dress, so I incorporated a new beret I got from Cutie Creator (taobao) that has gold accents, as well as offbrand gold anchor studs and a handmade bracelet with gold stars and navy beads.  Plain navy OTK socks from MuFish (taobao) finish off the coord.  I would like to wear this one out sometime...I just need an occasion!


I'm really happy with my purchases from Innocent World!  I haven't tried them on yet, but they look like they will fit perfectly and feel nice and soft too.

No comments:

Post a Comment