Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Innocent World Early Summer Sale Haul


About a month ago, Innocent World had an Early Summer Sale where they were liquidating their fall/winter stock from last year at mostly 70% off (some items were "only" 50% off).  There were many pieces I wanted from that season, but I didn't get most of them on the last sale, which was mostly 30 - 50 percent off, because they still seemed a little overpriced.  For this sale, I picked up several of the items I had my eye on, though many things were out of stock.

Here's what I managed to nab:

Except for the headband, which is black, everything I got is in a navy or Bordeaux color.  Since I wanted these for fall/winter, I likely won't be wearing them for awhile but they are great for my wardrobe since I love those colors for winter, but didn't have enough to work with.

The hair accessories I got are the Polka Dot Jacquard Headbow and the Small Button Braid Clip:
The headbow in black I got to go with my Dolly Dot JSK from Angelic Pretty!  The clip I intended to go with the 2 Bordeaux dresses I got, though it is smaller than I expected.

I only got one pair of socks, the Antique Clock Overknee socks in navy:
I actually wanted the Antique Clock dress too in green, and it was the item I was most looking forward to from this order, but it was out of stock since I had to use the special order form for overseas customers instead of the shopping card system that domestic customers can use.  I likely wouldn't have used these socks with the dress anyway, since I wasn't envisioning mixing navy with green, but I do want to use these with the Alice in the Labyrinth of the Clockwork World JSK from Aatp that I got recently, since it is the navy colorway!  I also just love Roman numerals!

Now for the dresses:

Cross Back Corset Jumperskirt in Bordeaux x Cafe au Lait:
This dress has such an awesome shape and fit (similar to my Rose Flare JSK that I showed in another post).  This dress differs from other IW dresses I have in a similar cut, in that it has a corset/underbust bodice.  This is my first dress like this so I will need to experiment with how to make it look the most flattering!  However, I am somewhat disappointed in this piece, because it feels more like sample or B-stock due to one of the straps being thinner and having a weird-looking curved shape compared to the other strap.  In this picture, it's the strap on the right, and I'm not sure yet how noticeable it will be in worn photos, but I notice it and it bothers me.  It seems like a pretty big slip in quality for a major brand...but at least it was 70% off.

Next, a piece I really wanted for Christmastime!

Cherub Angel Candlestick Bow Ribbon Jumperskirt in Bordeaux:
This is a dress that I saw people getting in IW's Christmas set last year, and I really hoped it would be in mine.  Instead, I got Palace Rose in navy, which I'm not all that fond of, though it is versatile and flattering.  But now I finally had the opportunity to get this dress which I wanted.  I love its religious motifs, and it's also a nice length even though this is not the long cut of this dress.  This regular cut is 100 cm long (the long cut is 107 cm)!

Antiqued Logo Button Collar Jumperskirt in navy:
I wanted this as a staple piece, and I actually have dreams of wearing this as a normie dress out...though I'm not sure that will ever happen.  It's basic with solid construction, and who knows, maybe someday I'll attempt showing myself in public in this, haha!

 Planisphere Just Waist Jumperskirt in navy:
This is the crown jewel of my haul!  Starry themes are one of my favorites, especially in winter when fruit and berry themes seem kind of out of place.  I am so excited to have this in the cut and colorway I wanted, and this piece along with Antique Clock were the releases I was most sad about not picking up last year.  I also love the details with the cute text and phrases that IW included on the print!


I'm really happy with my order overall, although it took Innocent World almost 3 weeks to send me and invoice.  I'm glad they took the extra time to try to source my dresses, if that's what they were doing (I will give them the benefit of the doubt and tell myself they were).  I'm not happy with one of the straps on my corset JSK, but otherwise I have no problems with my items and they were a great value.  I do wish that overseas customers had the same chance at the items as domestic customers, but since we have to use a special order form, items can sell out before our orders are received and accounted for.  Because of that, I missed out on the green Antique Clock JSK I wanted...but I'll just have to keep an eye out for it on secondhand sales!

No comments:

Post a Comment