Thursday, June 29, 2017

Metamorphose Pretty Egg Set and First Aatp/Baby SF order!

Today I'll be showing some stuff I got lately!

First up is this year's summer set from Metamorphose, Pretty Egg.  I chose the JSK set in powder blue:


The set came with the JSK, the OTK socks, and the headbow!  I started laying out this coord pretty much as soon as I ripped the package open; I was just so excited and had been planning out this coord in my head ever since Meta announced the set!  For the rest of this coord, I used a cutsew from Bodyline, shoes from Secret Shop, offbrand earrings and some handmade bracelets.

Compared to last year's Egg Art set (which I also own in the black medium-length JSK cut), this set is less of a value since it does not include a blouse.  However, it is worth noting that the Egg Art set used a print that was a re-release, whereas this is a new print.  Being a quarter Russian myself, I love Pretty Egg and Egg Art since they have such a traditional Eastery feel with their Russian-style eggs.  They always release them after Easter is over, though...oh well.  The cute critters on this dress really do make it seem more like a springtime release, but I am going to wear this coord this summer at least, rather than waiting until next Easter!

The OTKs in this set will be super useful in my wardrobe, since I have alot of pieces with sax elements and the gold mixed in makes them more unique than most sax/offwhite socks I own.  The headbow won't be that useful with other coords...but it is really nice, with wires that allow me to make just the right shape.

A little while after I got my set from Meta, I received my very first order ever from the Baby the Stars Shine Bright store in San Francisco!  I have order from Baby NYC once before (after all, I am much closer to NYC than SF), but this dress was only available from the SF store.

Alice and the Pirates Labyrinth of the Clockwork World JSK I in navy:

This was an instant dream dress from the moment I saw it...I'm so glad I was able to get it in the colorway I wanted most, though I love every colorway of this release!  I could gush about this dress for a long time...I think my favorite thing about this dress is the ladder lace which is kind of an old-school thing.  The print is not old-school at all, but I get that vibe from the lace at the hem and on the straps.  And the lavender details are my very favorite shade of my very favorite color (purple)!  I hadn't really noticed that there were music notes on the dress until I received it, but I was really excited by that since I love music themes (though I don't have many accessories for that theme...or for the clock theme).  

As shown in the picture, I also got 2 pairs of OTK socks from Baby, which I added to my order so that I could get free shipping.  The first pair, Arabesque Trump, I thought would go with the dress because of the gold accents and because card suits are often associated with Alice (even though this particular dress does not feature them).  The second pair I got because I love the colors and star themes, and also because Kumya-chan's glitter Milky Way is another dream dress of mine (only in navy, though...which is sold out everywhere).  Even if I never get that dress, I will still use these OTKs...in fact, I have already planned out a coord with them for the upcoming 4th of July weekend!

My service from Baby's SF was absolutely phenomenal.  I got my order in 2 days, and I live on the other side of the country!  They also included a beautiful Alice and the Pirates shopping bag, and included a really cute illustration on the package!


No comments:

Post a Comment